Saturday, October 29, 2011

Motivation

We are well into it now (the program of course) and talking to people, i see we are having trouble staying motivated. NOW IS THE TIME TO GO TO YOUR JOURNALS AND READ WHAT YOU WROTE ON THE FIRST DAY. Why you are doing this, what your goals are. There is a reason you signed up. Keep reminding yourself the journey is your destination. How you live, one day at a time will determine your future. Each day counts. If you mess up one day, go right back and start again. The moment you give up is the moment you lose, and not weight. One thing that motivated me this morning is when i looked at my children. They are just so so dear, and i want to be with them as LONG as possible. That alone can motivate me.

As for me, I did extremely well all week, for which i am proud. I did so because i knew i had this party coming up and i wanted to splurge, so that was in the plan. I did, but this time was different. I was not out of control. I had fun, i had my cake and ate it too! And 2 cookies too. And cocktails. But during the hors d and dinner, i stuck to the plan as far as food went, choosing the best things there (that i planned for in advance because i prepared everything, which helped.) I don't feel the least bit bad about it because i planned for it. I ate healthily and a bit lighter all day to make room for my splurge. Today, back on track, but tired....Heres a tip for you that helped me last night. I brought my IPOD. After dinner, i turned it on and we danced for one hour straigth (aka zumba workout pretty much, we did do a few zumba songs of course). It was so fun, i livened up the party AND i burned some of those calories.

The difference on how this night went: Like i said, i planned for it, so no worries there. But when i got home i wanted MORE sweets. In the past i would have had more bad things, saying to myself, tomorrow i will start fresh, or who cares, i want it! But this time, i compromised, had a hot chocolate, something i don't get on the plan, and then went to bed perfectly happy.

The only thing i do regret is that now my sugar cravings will probalby come back and guess when they will be a their peak? You guessed it, HALLOWEEN. i will probably have one peice but i am pretty sure i will not go overboard. I am just not feeling that way (not right now anyway)

No comments: