Monday, October 17, 2011

The Cheesecake won.......this time

I went back to my last post and i read the last line, that feeling confident in my clothes would be more appealing than a peice of cheesecake. That statement is VERY true, but when you are in the moment it is VERY hard not to choose the cheesecake. So i chose the that cake AND i had a peice of chocolate wedding cake!!! Plus a few minor things that were not on our plan (i kept saying to myself as a caterer it was quality control, half beleiving it!

Overall, i could have gone much more overboard than i did this weekend. I had a very intense workout on Sunday, so that was great. You have to emphasis your small victories and allow them to inspire you , so to my credit, with many temptations facing me last night, my only downfall was one glass of red wine and probably a little too much food but it was ALL ON THE PLAN. I ate nothing that would not pass the plan's rules. So, for that i am happy, but the scale is up and i am not happy about that. I was afraid to get on this morning, but i knew that the scale going up would motivate me to commit fully to the plan once again.

What i don't want is this up and down yoyo thing that i always do. It is tiring.

So, this week the plan and only the plan and i mean it.

Except for Friday ( i have an event coming up). Now i feel like i am setting myself up for failure making allowances already for a day so far away, but am I just trying to be realistic?

No is the answer to that because i should be able to be strong and just wrap my mind around the fact that i am on a journey to my goal, on a mission to be the fittest i have ever been and not fall into the same old tired pitfalls!

okay?? So JUST DO IT WITH ME, ARE YOU IN?

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hang in there! That is what is important to us all, right? I had a trip away to state this weekend and wondered how I would fare. I packed fruit and nuts, rye crackers and peanut butter, good cereals, etc, WE stayed at a B&B and I was tempted by the bacon but she over cooked it and it was really too crisp for my tastes so I was fine with missing that. Sat. night we went out to dinner with friends but I was able to choose Grilled salmon, baked potato, hose salad with oil and vinegar(just a little) and felt god about my eating with the plan the whole time away. My husband even stuck to the plan despite sitting and watching football - no bad snacks except he had the rest of the Wheat Thins but with hummus! I was impressed! See you tonght, Linda