Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Icing on the Cake

No, i didn't eat a huge piece of cake with tons of icing! I stuck 100% to the plan (with the exception of 4 squares of this amazing dark chocolate with NO SUGAR whatsoever that we got at Trader Joes! It had almonds and was only 110 calories per 4 squares and NO SUGAR!, So we thought that was okay) And of course, dark chocolate has many health benefits as we all know, so good splurge. Totally plan acceptable i would say, and i will be returning to by several of those bars...as long as i keep it to 4 squares a day, it could work. Dark chocolate, to get more specific, contains flavanoids which may help prevent the oxidation of bad or ldl cholesterol and raise hdl or good cholesterol. It also decreased platelet clumping in our blood vessels, and regulates immune response (taken from a most amazing resource, Perricone's Weight Loss Diet.

Just remember the highger the cocoa content the better, but personally i really don't enjoy anything over 72%. 60% is ideal i think. I wouldn't go for Hershey's special dark, i think that is imitation dark and not as tasty as the real thing i think.

Yesterday, as i mentioned was good. Taught an awesome high energy class (had to show those high school cheerleaders who was boss!). Came home and had salmon, beets, a parsnip, that was it. I was full. Made a lovely dijon greek yogurt (fat free) and dill sauce for the fish which i could enjoy guilt free! Love that. When i went to bed around midnight i was hungry (did not have the nighttime snack, never do.) I had a tall glass of lemon water and looked forward to my big breakfast. Woke up had my coffee with teaspoon of protein powder (water first of course) and half and half. I had woken up hungry, but after the protein powder coffee, wasn't so hungry..the power of protein! when i got hungry had my ekzekial cereal and 2 eggs over hard with salsa. Very good, satisfying...snack will be the smoked salmon with capers (already got that planned a good thing) lunch will be lentil and beet salad with red onion...protein shake probably, zumba then no dinner planned yet, gotta work on that.

It will be another good day.

So i got off my theme of today's blog: Icing on the cake. What i meant is that when i stepped on the scale this morning and it was a pound lighter (my lowest since we started) i realized that although that is thrilling for me, it is just icing on the cake. The way i feel, the way my clothes fit, the energy and optimism i have, all awesome perks of this whole experience. My question: when i do get to my "goal weight" 2 pounds away, with a normal healthy diet, will i be able to maintain it? Maybe not, maybe my ideal set weight is a few pounds heavier....we'll see. My experiment is to see if i eat healthily, what my weight will settle at.

PARTING THOUGHTS:

As i was making my two eggs over hard, i cracked the two in the pan, and i kidd you not, it formed a HEART!! I AM A TRUE BELEIVER IN ANGEL KISSES...LITTLE MESSAGES SENT YOU TO INDIRECTLY FROM YOUR "GUARDIAN ANGEL" LETTING YOU KNOW WHICH DIRECTION TO TAKE OR THAT YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING...THIS WAS MOST DEFINITLY ONE IN MY MIND. I AM DOING THE RIGHT THING FOR ME HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

FAVORITE QUOTE RIGHT NOW:

THE BEST WAY TO PREDICT THE FUTURE IS TO INVENT IT

No comments: