Tuesday, November 1, 2011

When In Doubt, WORKOUT

We are approaching week 5 if you can belIEve it. It going quickly in a way, but each day is a mini hurdle. Several times through out the day i am confronted with a challenge to my diet. Every morning in my house the sausage patties and bacon are being fried up, egg sandwiches perfectly seasoned with salt and pepper on an english muffin, chocolate chip pancakes! It is enough to make you mad. Breakfast alone could ruin the whole day for me. BUT, I AM PROUD TO SAY I HAVE NOT GIVEN IN. The mornings are the easiest because i like what is on the plan anyway, and a long time ago i decided that those traditional breakfast foods were not the best choice of fuel for my body to get me through my busy day. So for years, i have not been indulging, although i used to occasionally.

Everyone has their trigger times of day/foods/etc. Breakfast is not mine. I would have to say dinner is because that is the time when it is getting dark, and i am preparing a meal for the family i like to listen to the news, have a glass of wine...and honestly i think the wine makes me hungrier so i tend to eat more than i should.

So on to how i did over the weekend. I did pretty good for a weekend filled with a party, a snow storm and finished off by Halloween!

Friday that party i catered. I did good, not great, but good for me. I think i already talked about that last time.

Saturday I was tired, so i skipped the workout, but ate well all day.

Sunday I was back in full form, i did the Tabata Inferno workout because one participant said it was THE hardest and i was ready for it. I did find it challenging, but not the hardest for me. I was kind of bummed on Sunday because i am thinking, OK i have almost 5 weeks in and what do i have to show for it? Well i don't think i have been true enough to the diet to see real great transformation, but its that time of the month )sorry tmi) so i am bloated like nobody's business. I was doubting everything, and then i DID THAT WORKOUT AND FELT INSPIRED ONCE AGAIN.
i LOVE these workouts because they really work your body in ways you never have, such creative moves and that will get you results. Throughout my workout i kept thinking that and i wanted to do the moves and i challenged myself to keep up as best i could (although i didn't but did feel stronger, especially with pushups. I am such a wimp when it comes to push ups)

On Monday knowing it was Halloween i was determined to squeeze in a workout, so i did the core definition or whatever that one is called. That one is my favorite. Great creative moves, and you don't have to repeat them 3 o4 sets. You do a set of 4 exercises then you move onto the next set of 4 new ones. And i think the hard part of the workout was only 30 min. It went so fast. There was only one exercise i wasn't even going to try. The plank where he is on his forearms and he does a scissor type motion with the forearms and the legs! YIKES. whatever. I just did the legs.

The point is i felt great knowing that i got stronger with each of those workouts. I knew next time it would be a little easier. WHEN YOU DOUBT YOURSELF, WORKOUT. YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT, NEVER HEAR YOURSELF SAY "WHY DID I DO THAT? I SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT! YOU WILL ONLY FEEL HAPPINESS AND SATISFACTION. EVERY TIME. JUST MAKE SURE TO CHALLENGE YOURSELF, BUT DON'T HURT YOURSELF.

No comments: