Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Happy Wife (or girlfriend) is a Good Life

I've seen this quote on the tee shirts of some pretty rough and tumble guys. I used to think it was quite sexist: Keep the lady happy if you don't want headaches, basically. As I get older, I have a different take on it. It is up to the WIFE to keep the WIFE happy. In other words, it is up to you to take care of yourself, take time for your self, read yourself so that you know what you will need in order to be the best possible you. In turn, you will be the best wife and mother (or girlfriend) for your family or loved ones. THAT IS PRICELESS. You won't mind giving your time to your family if you make a habit out of carving some time out of each day that is just yours. This may take some maneuvering on your part, but it will be well worth it. For example, I had a great time with some friends last night. I enjoyed myself thoroughly. This morning let's just say I was ready to rid my body of some toxins. When I indulge, the next day I just love to sweat it out. It is the best instant fix I know. When I need to achieve maximum sweat in minimal time, I choose the treadmill. So I pushed myself on that then did my abs for dummies video (yes video) for 10 minutes. The video is 45 minutes, but I usually do just a 10 minute portion per day. I think doing 45 minutes of that would be overkill. I certainly feel it after 10 minutes. We are not here to punish ourselves people! I skin brushed (read previous blog), face polished (info below) and showered. Now I am ready to take on anything the kids or my husband throw my way. What a great state of mind to be in. You can have this everyday! It can be yours...

Skin Polishing: Listen up, this is important. If you want facial like results, try this: I bought on the clearance rack yet another skin care product promising great results. The reason I had high hopes for this one is that it had glycolic acid, which I have read is great at removing dead skin layers. I am telling you all that it works. The product i bought is called Daily Skin Polisher (self heating) by rite aid. (It says compare to Olay regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher) I am sure that Olay product would run at least $20 if not more. The Rite Aid product was $2.99 (down from $11.99). I would buy it for $11.99 too. I am hoping though to visit other rite aids and stock up on it. I recently had a facial and was really very impressed with the results. This is almost as good..My face is so smooth and glowing afterwards.

No comments: