Monday, February 1, 2010

Give Yourself the Brush Off?

First some updates. The Espresso "MUD" Body Scrub and Wrap at Nine Stones Spa in Portland Maine was fantastic! Pricey, but worth every penny. The scrub is intended to detox and exfoliate your skin. It smelled divine. Then the Vichy Shower hosed me off right on the same table I got the scrub applied. Heaven not to have to get up. Afterwards I did have to get up to dry off and then go on to the massage table to get an extremely buttery lotion fantastically massaged into my skin. This treatment had it all. I never did get to the restaurant I mentioned (Duck Fat), but I will. If any of you go, please let me know! So, on to the brush off. IF YOU WANT THE SOFTEST SMOOTHEST SKIN EVER, DO THIS! Go to drug store and buy yourself a natural bristle brush (looks like a shoe shine brush). I think I bought mine for about $9. Before you shower or even work out DRY BRUSH your skin. Special attention should be paid to the back of your knees, your inner thighs, under your arms (lymphatic areas). Brush toward the heart always for 2-3 minutes at a time. Do everything except face and breasts. After your shower finish with an alpha hydroxy lotion (c.booth is very affordable and have lots of different options. You can find it at drugstore.com or local drug stores or even wal mart (i bought it on the clearance rack there, so don't know if they carry it regularly.) YOUR SKIN WILL FEEL AMAZING. You won't be able to go a day without doing it because it feels so good and is effective. Skin Brushing helps reduce cellulite, tightens the skin, aids in digestive process, removes dead skin cells, aids circulation. The skin eliminates 2 lbs. of toxin waste each day. Help it along!


EAT TO LOOK YOUNGER? OK...I was happy to read sunflower seeds have the highest natural vitamin e content of any food around. No antioxidant is better at fighting off the aging effect of free radicals (found in pollution, junk food, chemicals, smoking). I throw them in my cereal in the morning which is granola and soy milk (make sure yours has at least 3 grams of fiber and less than 10 grams of sugar per 1 cup serving)

No comments: