Sunday, January 1, 2012

Take the Plunge

So I did something out of my comfort zone today: On New Years Day, i jumped into the Atlantic Ocean in Rhode Island with my family. I did it for several reasons. It wasn't like it was on my bucket list. I had never before felt the need to do this. but this year i thought it would be the perfect start. A way to cleanse my spirit and start anew. Although i have "started anew" countless times i once again continue pursuing my goals of health, fitness and wellbeing. I decided to look at the good choices i have made this year instead of focussing on the negative.

Yes, i have worked out this year steadily without fail. Becoming the instructor has forced me to be consistent, and i am proud i came up with and followed through with this plan. I will continue to do so.

What i have learned this year: YOU CANNOT OUT EXERCISE POOR DIET CHOICES. No matter how much you exercise, if you eat junk, you will continue to feel like garbage. Diet is more important than exercise. Exercise is great, help tone you, released endorphins, but your diet needs to be regulated, and balanced.

Yes, i have been eating much better. The problem is i eat too much. I also get overwhelmed sometimes, and eating temporarily satiates me. Will work on that.

New year, New plan, the difference this year: I WANT TO EXERCISE. Not only did i find an exercise i adore, but because i have been working out regularly for a long while now, when i can't exercise i crave it and i want to maintain the results because i have noticed some amazing results. I know if i don't do a little something everyday those results will disappear and i am not having that.

No comments: