Monday, April 26, 2010

Important Information!

Did you know the world was coming to an end? That' right, and the food supply will be greatly affected, so you must eat all you can right now, as much as you can and as fast as you can...

OKAY, it's not true, but if you had been watching me on a handful of days the past few weeks (especially this last one), you would have had to beleive that is what I was thinking. Last time I wrote I mentioned several reasons why I hadn't been writing so much. Feeling a lack of control was one of them. It is hard for me to try to give advice on health when i am not practing what i preach. I am like a child. Every time I try to set limits for myself, I rebel or act out, and throw caution to the wind. I go for the things that I know are the worst for me in terms of my goals (like carbs-my number one goal is to feel comfortable and confident in my own body!) Or if i manage to stay with healthy foods, i eat way too much of them. I am sharing this with you because that is what this blog is about: I hope through my struggles and perspectives I will help other people see they are not alone (as several of you have told me, thank you). Maybe together we can figure something out. It's me, WRINKLES AND ALL (luckily not too many yet!:)

I blame SOME of this on the visit of my monthly "friend". Yes, the cravings are much stronger a week or so before. I am armed with many weapons, strategies, etc. to combat these (take a walk, know the witching hour that you tend to eat too much-for me it's while preparing dinner). You have to understand that to me, these days, eating too much is eating past the point of a normal person being full. OKAY, I caught myself. I always though i was special (hopefully we all do!). But when it comes to eating too much, i have to remind myself that MANY of us have issues. THAT IS NORMAL. I am working to change that, especially in myself. The REAL ISSUE THAT BOTHERS ME IS THE LACK OF CONTROL. I LIKE BEING IN CONTROL AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY THE ONE THING I CAN CONTROL 100%, I CAN'T CONTROL!!!!!

ONE OF MY SAVING GRACES IS EXERCISE. I know when I get off track, even a short work out or walk will boost my spirits and motivate me to be healthy. Of course, my children and family are right up there with motivators!!!

A friend mentioned maybe artificial sweetners had something to do with my wild cravings, but I just don't use them enough to think that. I use real sugar in my coffee, and honey in my tea. Yes, it could be sweetners in general...I can't help but feel it's more psycological than physiological. Actually, I have to beleive it's both..the cravings are generated by something...MY advice to you if you are going through this: Find a physical activity you love to do and can fall back on in times of trouble. It won't let you down...

OKAY, ENOUGH OF THAT FOR TODAY. ON TO FUN STUFF: BEAUTY PRODUCTS I HAVE DISCOVERED. There are several:

FOR HAIR: As most of us age, our hair get's coarser. I have always had THICK, wavy hair, but now after kids even more so. I had heard about Keratin, a plant protein in some shampoos that can really help smooth and relax hair. There is an expensive salon treatment you can get ($200). There is also a pricey shampoo called Liquid Keratin you can get on drugstore.com for about $25. I found a great product in Rite Aid (yes on clearance) called Naked Naturals Citrus and Keratin Conditoner. It really relaxed my hair after the first shampoo. It just seemed to take the bulk out. I got it for $3.49, but I think the regular price wasn't too steep, maybe $9.99...

MAKE UP/FOUNDATION: I am forever in search of the perfect one (do i go liquid, mineral powder/ SO many choices. One i really like is called Beyond Natural. It came with this fantastic silky primer lotion that kind of helped to prepare the canvas (aka your face) so the foundation went on smoother. The foundation is WHITE in the tube, but adjusts the color needed to match your face. Light weight, and light to medium coverage, good for summer.

NEXT TIME: I know I promised the Wendy's story, but it will have to wait! I got into other things! Please know that today is a great day for me. I made healthy choices yesterday and feel good. I feel in control. Hope you ALL have a good day today!!! Looking forward to the week!

No comments: