Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Tori Spelling Syndrome

I think I have this. Sort of. Have you seen this woman lately? She is THIN, and I think I know what is going on. There is the obvious lady getting older in Hollywood/needs to compete thing. But what I can relate to is the "Yes, I am on the thinner side of the spectrum, but after having two kids, I still have this, that and the other body part that I am not happy with." It is clear to me that she is obsessing about her parts rather than seeing the whole. I can't believe I am saying this, but I truly think she would look good with another 5 or 10 lbs. on. I am usually a true believer of the You Can't be too Thin or too Rich Club", but I think I am handing in my membership card (if I was too Rich, I would give too charity, so don't look down on me!) I will tune into her show just to see what she is doing to herself. (yes, I might pick up a weight loss tip or too. I am not saying I am not envious of her ability/will power to get that thin, but I think she has taken it too far!) I like that show because it seems like a true reality show: not too much can be hidden. I really like her husband too. He is very considerate, and I think she realizes that. I am curious to see if he has any concerns about her getting so thin. Her legs are smaller than my arms! I'll write with what I find out! Feel free any of you to comment if you find out first-I don't have too much time for TV these days, although there is always DVR!

MY HOMEPAGE on my computer is MSN.com I like it because it has the latest news but also lots of pop-culture stuff, so I get the serious news and the fluff all at once. And it always has weight loss tips, anti-aging advice, etc. Today it reported on the 10 habits or secrets of thin people. I am happy to report that about 80% of the time, I follow about 9 out of the 10. Eat Breakfast, allow yourself the treats you want, but smaller portions of them, don't depend on quick fix diets as your health should be your permanent lifestyle, don't go more than 6 hours without food or you will slow your metabolism. These are things most of us are aware of. One thing that really made me stop and think was the mention of the Clean Plate Club. I think I am the president! Lately I have been tyring to start with smaller portions to begin with. The problem is that I know I am doing that, so I go back for seconds (even if I am starting to feel full :( I have been getting a very small portion for seconds, so that is good. ) ANYWAY, I usually clean my plate, again, even if I am starting to feel full. Or eat food off my kid's plates, even if I am full. My trick of brushing my teeth or chewing gum before I even start cleaning up works, if I A) remember to do it, or have gum or B) don't decide that I just want to keep eating, and aw, I'll just eat this extra food just this time...What I am saying is that if I was genuinely hungry, I wouldn't mind cleaning my plate, or eating off my kid's plates. 98% of the time, I am satiated enough, and have absolutely no business eating any more food! I really liked the quote in the article by a Weight Watcher's Rep. She said "Either way, the food is going to WASTE or WAIST." Makes you think..........

No comments: