Friday, April 10, 2009

Think About This:

"Today decides tomorrow". I just love that quote. It says so much so efficiently. For a woman trying to maintain her health and figure, it means this: Whatever you do or eat today will effect how you feel tomorrow and the coming days. If you stick to your plan by exercising and eating right, by not falling into old habits, you are certainly going to improve your tomorrow. It may seem obvious, but if it is so obvious, why do so many of us have such a hard time sticking to the rules of good health and well being? It would be wonderful if there was a pill you could take to make you feel as good as you do when you wake up after a day of following the rules. You feel WONDERFUL, your stomach might feel a bit flatter, your state of mine, just so positive. Now imagine the other scenario: you ate and drank way too much yesterday. While you were doing it you knew it wasn't the right choice, but somehow you could not stop yourself. Now what is the feeling the next day? Remorse, shame, guilt. It is one of the worst feelings ever. I think we all know which feeling we prefer, and since there is no pill that REALLY will make you fantastic over the long term, we should really keep in our mind the "Today decides tomorrow" mantra. I certainly have been trying to do that, and it has been working. Making the right choices for yourself empowers you, and empowerment in this area of your life opens up a lot other doors. Think about it.....

Tips for you:

I think I have mentioned I bought Garnier Nutrisse Eye Gel Roller and wasn't that impressed. Then I read in Prevention Magazine (my new favorite-although secretly I feel I am too young to read it, in actuality, I'm not!) that sticking your eye creams or gels in the fridge helps them to reduce puffiness better due to the cold. Makes total sense, why didn't I think of that! I will report back in this works or not.

SOMETHING I DID THINK OF, but also read in Prevention concerns your workouts and levels of intensity. It makes perfect sense, but perhaps you had not thought of this: Think of your car. You use less gas while you are on the highway at a higher, consistent speed. You use more gas when you are city driving, constantly stopping and going, speeding up and slowing down. Did you make the connection with your body? Same idea. So you should stop and start, and vary your workouts. If you are running on the treadmill, start at a moderate pace, then after about 8 minutes, increase the grade and walk up a steep hill at a moderate pace for another 8 minutes, repeat. Then maybe run up the hill for a shorter time at the next interval. If your going to be working out for a set amount of time, you want every minute to count as much as it can. Get some great music, and get going!

That's all the wisdom I have to impart right now. I leave you with this: Have a great holiday weekend, eat what you want, but in moderation. If you do, you'll wake up happy!

No comments: