Friday, March 27, 2009

Let them eat cake!

Just a funny thing I saw on the web. A magazine asked celebrities what their favorite cake was. Everyone has a favorite cake, right? (Mine is Flourless Chocolate with Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce) Well, apparently not Eddie Murphy. He shocked me when he responded (and this is loosley quoted) "I can't do cake, not even a bite! I want to keep my middle trim, and I am getting a bit long in the tooth, etc." NOT EVEN A BITE? Now, that is discipline. I certainly couldn't do that, nor would I want to. The discipline is what struck me though. I wish for my trigger foods, I could just write them off like that. Cake, fortunately, is not one of them. So, I can eat just one bite of cake. I never thought Eddie Murphy would be the one to enlighten me in this way, though! Funny...

No comments: