Monday, November 29, 2010

Post Thanksgiving Thoughts

I was tempted to write on Thanksgiving, but I thought I would enjoy the day and see how it went, food wise. I did well. I followed my own advice that i was going to give you: wear a figure flattering, form fitting (not tight) outfit. I know from experience that when I wear something loose or too "comfortable" it is more likely that i will overeat. At least in my case when i wear something form fitting, i am more conscious of how i look and how i will feel after a huge meal. Thus, no huge meal, just a tasty meal that i easily stopped myself when i had enough.

My problems started the day after...I did so well Thanksgiving but gave into temptations for a few days after. Oh well, I am not going to beat myself up, like i mentioned last time, if you take a wrong turn, get back on the right road. One of my main problems and I know i am not alone in this, is if i overindulged say on a Friday or Saturday Night, I won't start getting back into my healthy groove until Monday. I convince myself weekends/holidays were made for this sort of gluttony, and i will behave the rest of the week starting Monday. And i do behave. I eat well and generally not too much. But, as an article I just read outlined, this just can't work. Yes, i won't gain a ton of weight doing this, but it will not help me achieve my fitness goals longterm. I will be on this see-saw indefinitely and this is what bothers me.

Its up to me, just as it is up to you how you treat your bodies in terms of what you put in them. I am thankful for my regular exercise routine, and if that is all you have at the moment, it's better than nothing.

GOOD NEWS: I have been a willing guinea pig for you all trying various new beauty products and services. Got a winner here: The new gel manicures work! Sometimes called Shellac or just gel, they are awesome! They promise that they will last for up to 2 weeks and cost anywhere from $20-$30 per. I got mine the Friday before thanksgiving and it still looks good. No chips...I was told there was no dry time, but actually there was more of a dry time because they have to put the gel on in stages...so be prepared for about 15 more than you are used to for a regular manicure. BUT SO WORTH IT. And my nails have grown more it seems cause the gel seems to make them stronger or protect them. I will be a regular patron of these. My one question is does the gel come off easily or do you have to go back to the salon to get it off? Will tell when the time comes.

No comments: